02/02/2018

Colour explosion (again)

Time to close yet another project (for the moment). I had some World of Twilight minis pending for my pal, and it was about time I did something about that.

First of all, do you remember the big Dompaku? The large sauropod like beast. Don't worry, here you have the link. Well, it came with the riders on foot. So this was easy, just had to repeat the colours:

'So I have to catch the stone with my hand? You say this is called... baseball?'
But now it comes the time for colour bombs, which is the funniest part of this. Lek'Saa with Grishak:

The pack included two Grishak. Additional ones were painted for dramatic purposes
The same goes for the Trebarnii unit:

No, people, you are no good for infiltrating units. Deal with it
I had no particular scheme in mind. Just wanted them to look bright and different from each other, in the same line than my previous works on the World of Twilight ranges.
The only ones I gave a thought before splatting any paint on them were these:

On'Saa runner and Shaman

I love the pose of the runner, absolutely dynamic. Funny thing, first thing that came to mind was Flash from the comic books, so I didn't resist the first impulse and accepted the inspiration. It had to be red!
For the Shaman I tried black, as it was a colour I had never used on this project. I wanted to emphasize how different and mysterious a Shaman had to look from everyone else. The pic is awful (all the pics here are awful!) and it's impossible to see the highlights on the skin tones, but I promise they are here!

So these were the last minis I had from my pal! Another chapter (temporarily) closed, now I'm moving onto another (totally different) one in which I have been working too. I hope I can show some stuff during the weekend or so...
Stay tuned!

16 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you! These are always fun to paint :)

      Delete
  2. Wow. That's better then a cup of coffee in the morning!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Thank you! That is a compliment :O

      Delete
  3. I think if they charge as a unit, they should be -2 to hit because of the dazzle effect. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! That should definitely be in the rules :D

      Delete
  4. Beautiful job mate - your work on this range was a big inspiration for my own space lizards!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, but I can say just the same about your Eru-kin. Inspiration flows both ways!

      Delete
  5. Fantastic job Suber. I do love the look of this gaming world of twilight. Top notch paintjobs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've said it other times, I find these ranges and the whole setting pretty original and lovely. I only give them the Kandinsky approach :D

      Delete
  6. Preciosos! me alegra que vayas cerrando proyectos y no solo iniciandolos como hago yo T.T
    saludos Suber!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ¡Gracias! Pero me temo que yo también soy de los de abrir más cosas de las que cierro :D

      Delete
  7. Color bombs that look great together I say :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope epileptic attacks are not an issue! :D

      Delete
  8. Wow, what a colour overload ;).
    No seriously, I like your take on these miniatures, the many colours work very well on them.
    Have you considered entering them in the competition Mike is currently holding on his Facebook page and forum? The deadline is tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't aware of that, I'm not on Facebook! I'm just preparing new Twilight minis though, I'll try to post them tonight if I can :D

      Delete